GMAS release 1_54 will be available at the start of business on Monday July 13th 2020.
International Collaboration and Activities Approval
This release includes a new International collaboration and activities form, approval, and request. This initiative was sponsored by the Office of the Provost for Research and OSP.
New international collaboration and activities form
- New form to indicate international collaboration and activities. The form will have edit and display-only views.
Updates to initial and competing renewal proposals
- New international collaboration and activities panel
- New international collaboration and activities form can be edited and viewed from this panel
- Signatures have been updated to include summary of data entered on international form (with a link to view the form)
New international collaboration and activities request
- New international collaboration and activities request can be created
- New request provides the ability to make updates (such as at award, and as needed, outside of initial/competing request) and to route for central review and approval
New international collaboration and activities approval and workflow
- View screen for the new approval
- Shows the current status of the approval
- Shows the current version of the international collaboration and activities form
- Includes a list of all prior versions of the form by request
- If the status is "Needs review" a department user can either confirm that the current version of the form is still accurate, or create a new version of the form
- A review of the international collaboration and activities form will be triggered when a notice is logged for the first time on a proposal
- Email notifications will be sent to those in the Department Administrator role indicating a review is needed
International collaboration and activities cutover
- All projects in Pending or Unfunded status will have an international collaboration and activities approval automatically generated at go-live. The default status of the approval will be “Incomplete”.
- The approval question “Is there a foreign/overseas component (include subagreements)?” has been removed from the approval attributes questions.
- In the past when this question was answered “Yes” it created a “Foreign component approval”. These approvals will remain on the projects for reference (however the approval has been retired, and a new approval can no longer be created).
Resources for international collaboration and activities approval
- International Collaboration and Activities Approval Entry at Proposal - Department Administrator
- International Collaboration and Activities Approval Review - Department Administrator
- International Collaboration and Activities Request - Department Administrator
- International Collaboration and Activities Approval Review - Central Administrator
- Removed duplicate listing for Italy in country drop down menus
- Add autocomplete placeholder text in GMAS application
- Updated Admin Module to include a new module for Approval Status
- Added tooltip display for signature comments
- Fixed bug on signatures, where comment was not saved if only a role (but not name) was selected. The comment will now be saved in both instances.
- Fixed bug which caused an unhandled exception on cost share approval when “create new version of form” is selected on a form created from cutover